T‑Mobile Polska, as a part of cooperation between telecommunications access operators, provides the basic service of network termination in the T‑Mobile Polska fixed network. This service is defined as a section of connection in the public switched telephone network of T‑Mobile Polska from the Point of Interconnection to the called party within the T‑Mobile Polska network.
The correct implementation of call termination services in the T‑Mobile Polska network depends on the fulfilment of basic technical conditions related to:
- the quality of the telecommunication traffic provided to the T‑Mobile Polska network;
- SS7 signalling in the T‑Mobile Polska and the Operator’s networks;
- telecommunication traffic registration at Points of Interconnection;
- terms of exchanging telecommunication traffic
At the same time, in order to maintain an optimum volume of the T‑Mobile Polska network resources used for the exchange of telecommunications traffic, the Operator is required to submit telecommunications traffic forecasts, the mechanism of which is described below.
Technical specifications related to the quality of the traffic provided
Telecommunications traffic realized as a network connection should meet the following quality parameters:
the blocking access for dial-up connections ratio to operator networks, assuming compliance with principles of traffic exchange, measured during the Peak Traffic Hours, for each of the points of networks connections, cannot exceed 5%. The blocking of access to the operator networks is understood as not processing a call by a given network according to the following criteria:
- no response to the SS7 IAM signalling packet;
- request of link release, if the release cause relates to the codes of 010 class (ITU-T Q.850 recommendation).
The numerical value of the access blocking rate (ratio of blocked calls to the total number of call attempts which are routed to the Points of Interconnection) shall be counted every Working Day during 1 hour of the peak traffic hour in the operator networks.
The response ratio calculated according to the following formula:
[number of answer messages (ANM) in a month]
[total number of requests (IAM) in a month]
The ratio will be monitored 24/7 in total, separately for each direction. Any deviation or degradation of this ratio must be clarified by both sides.
Technical specification related to the SS7 signalling
- To handle telecommunications traffic between the networks of operators, the SS7 ISUP signalling system version 1 will be used.
- The change of the signalling system for handling telecommunications traffic between T‑Mobile Polska and operator exchanges to the SS7 ISUP version 2 system can be made with prior agreement between the parties.
Terms of telecommunication traffic recording
Mutual settlements between T‑Mobile Polska and the Operator in respect to telecommunications traffic exchange will be based on the registered traffic.
Each Operator is required to install, at their own expense, the necessary equipment for recording telecommunications traffic, the data from which will be the base for settlements. Registration of telecommunications traffic connections will be carried out by operators in a continuous manner.
The basis for determining the fee for each connection is the Real Connection Time. No fees shall be collected for not connected traffic and connections routed to standard verbal announcements.
Settlements for telecommunications traffic will be made on the basis of Real Connection Time, expressed in minutes calculated in a billing period, keeping in mind that a billing period is a calendar month.
Terms of exchanging telecommunication traffic
As part of cooperation between operators, the exchange of telecommunications traffic will be carried out according to the following rules:
- connections initiated and terminated in the Operator network will not be realized by the T‑Mobile Polska fixed network;
- telecommunications traffic of the Operator is received at the T‑Mobile Polska exchange associated with an Interconnection Point;
- telecommunication traffic should be directed according to the T‑Mobile Polska Transit Areas.
- in each T‑Mobile Polska Transit Area, at least one possible location of the Point of Interconnection has been defined. Please see the list of locations at which T‑Mobile Polska allows for the implementation of Points of Interconnection.
- if the network of any operator becomes the source of overloads on another network, the other operator shall be entitled to immediately introduce appropriate traffic limits in order to guarantee the required quality of traffic for its end users, as well as users of other operators connected to the operator network, and correct operation of network devices;
- in case of an overload at the Point of Interconnection, T‑Mobile Polska and the Operator have the right to route telecommunication traffic through alternative means of connection. Detailed rules for telecommunications traffic management will be specified in the agreement for telecommunications access.
- any Operator with which T‑Mobile Polska cooperates agrees to route inter-network traffic and expand the bundles so that no more than 5% of the Total Connection Time generated by the Operator in a month be transferred through the networks of other operators, and that this is considered Excessive Traffic. The above apply to the termination of connections in the T‑Mobile Polska network.
Forecasting of telecommunication traffic
In order to maintain the optimum volume of T‑Mobile Polska network resources used for exchange of telecommunications traffic, the Operator will be required to submit forecasts of telecommunications traffic.
The mechanism forecasting telecommunications traffic incoming to the T‑Mobile Polska network involves the Operator delivering, once every six months (in January and July of each calendar year), forecasts for the next 12 months relating to telecommunications traffic incoming to the T‑Mobile Polska network.
Documents to download
Note: filling out the forms and sending the copies/scans to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address should not be considered as an effective submission of the application.
The application submission is deemed effective after it is submitted in writing together with relevant original documents in paper (or certified as true copies) to the following address:
Biuro Usług i Projektów Hurtowych,
Warsaw, ul. Marynarska 12.