Collocation mode is aimed at Operators who wish to provide all telecommunications infrastructure between the commutation nodes of T‑Mobile Polska and the Operator network. In the implementation of Point of Interconnection based on Collocation, we distinguish the following components of connection:
- a transmission link fed by the operator to the T‑Mobile Polska ODF on the line;
- a telecommunication device installed in the Operator’s cabinet or T‑Mobile Polska cabinet;
- optical and electrical connection points originating from the Operator’s device terminated at T‑Mobile Polska’s distribution frames.
Technical specifications for implementation of the Collocation mode
The Operator builds a Physical Point of Interconnection in the Collocation Mode based on the technical and organizational conditions provided by T‑Mobile Polska and based on the project of the telecommunication devices installation of the Operator approved by T‑Mobile Polska. The cost of adapting the T‑Mobile Polska telecommunications infrastructure for the implementation of a Physical Point of Interconnection will be covered by the Operator requesting the Physical Point of Interconnection.
A minimum of 8 E1 connections must be requested in order to implement the Collocation mode at the Physical Point of Interconnection.
The Operator on its own and at its own expense shall prepare an installation draft, perform all work related to the entry of telecommunication cables to the T‑Mobile Polska object, routing cables inside the building, and terminating cables at the T‑Mobile Polska distribution frame. At the same time, the Operator is responsible for the installation work of telecommunications equipment and for making connections between the device and the T‑Mobile Polska distribution frames.
T‑Mobile Polska undertakes the provision of technical and organizational conditions necessary to carry out construction of the Physical Point of Interconnection, supervise on-going works and provide space on the T‑Mobile Polska distribution frames to be used for the implementation of the network connections.
Telecommunications equipment installed within the Collocation Mode can be used for making connections only to network elements belonging to T‑Mobile Polska.
T‑Mobile Polska allows the implementation of the Collocation Mode based on fibre optic cables entering into a T‑Mobile Polska object and de-multiplexing service (no need for installing the transmission equipment of the Operator).
Insurance in the Collocation mode
Having an insurance policy guaranteeing coverage of any damages arising from the works performed by the Operator on the T‑Mobile Polska site is required for implementation of the Point of Interconnection in the Collocation mode. In particular, the scope of the insurance policy should cover any insurance claims that may be made due to the operation of the Operator’s equipment at the site, as well as the work of the Operator’s staff on the T‑Mobile Polska telecommunications infrastructure or of other operators with equipment present at the site.
Within the building of Physical Points of Interconnection, T‑Mobile Polska performs the following activities and processes:
Technical Analysis – verification of the technical possibilities for the construction of the Physical Point of Interconnection;
Supervision of Operator works – supervision of the installation and coordination of the works related to the construction of the Physical Point of Interconnection;
Termination of the Fibre Optics at the T‑Mobile Polska ODF – activity consisting in allowing the Operator to terminate their Fibre Optics at the T‑Mobile Polska ODF;
Termination of the cables at the T‑Mobile Polska DDF – activity consisting in allowing the Operator to terminate their cables at the T‑Mobile Polska DDF;
Preparation of the T‑Mobile Polska telecommunication infrastructure for Collocation – the service encompasses all the works related to the preparation of the T‑Mobile Polska telecommunication infrastructure for installation of the Operator’s devices at a given T‑Mobile Polska site.
Within the maintenance service of Physical Points of Interconnection, T‑Mobile Polska performs the following services (recurring services):
- Area sharing – the service consists in the provision of space for a telecommunication Operator cabinet. The size of the shared area for the telecommunications cabinet – the projection of the area taken up by the telecommunications cabinet together with the service area (front and rear access to the cabinet seen as a square with sides equal to the width of the cabinet);
- Electricity – the use of electricity by Operator devices installed at the site is calculated according to the following formula: Rated power of the devices x 24 x 30 x rate for kWh;
- STM-1 stream de-multiplexing (regardless of the number of 2 Mbit/s streams) – the services consist of the sharing of a T‑Mobile Polska de-multiplexer for crossing the 2Mbit/s streams;
- Access to other parts of the T‑Mobile Polska telecommunications infrastructure – the service consists of the provision of T‑Mobile Polska telecommunications infrastructure (cable wells, entries, etc.) for the implementation of the Physical Point of Interconnection
Fees for the above activities/processes carried out by the T‑Mobile Polska within the Collocation Mode are defined individually.