After signing the agreement for telecommunications access, upon the request of the Operator, the process related to the implementation of the Point of Interconnection will begin. The implementation of the Point of Interconnection consists of the following basic steps:
- Building of a Physical Point of Interconnection – building time depends on the networks connection mode chosen by the Operator and local technical conditions for the construction of the Physical Point of Interconnection.
- Connecting the trial configuration – 4 weeks;
- SS7 signalling tests and connection recording tests — 8 weeks;
- Physical Point of Interconnection upgrade for final configuration – 4 weeks;
- Commercial initiation of the Point of Interconnection – 2 weeks. Telecommunication traffic can be exchanged upon the commercial initiation of the Point of Interconnection.
Points of Interconnection between the T-Mobile Polska network and the Operator network will be created based on the E1 links bundle. The minimum configuration of the Point of Interconnection is made of 2 E1 links and 2 C7 channels (understood as timeslots of 64kbit/s size). This is a security measure (against the failure of a SS7 terminal).
T-Mobile Polska allows for the construction of a Physical Point of Interconnection with the following modes:
- Collocation at the E1 connection level;
- Collocation at the STM-1 connection level + de-multiplexing;
- Lease of the STM-1 Transmission Link + de-multiplexing;
- Lease of the E1 level Transmission Link.
The decision to build a Physical Point of Interconnection for the above modes will be preceded by a technical analysis by T-Mobile Polska intended to define the technical possibilities of building the Physical Point of Interconnection.
Points of Interconnection are localized at T-Mobile Polska exchanges and are realized through transmission links of 2Mbit/s capacity according to the recommendations ITU-T G.703 and G.732. In the transmission layer, both optical and electrical interfaces may be used at the level of SDH standard on the STM-1 links level.